Flagyl is an antiprotozoal and antibacterial antibiotic used against bacterial infections. It is used for the treatment of many kinds of infections, including respiratory, skin, gastrointestinal, as well as bone and joint infections. It will not work for colds, flu, or other viral infections.
400 mg Flagyl
Flagyl is an antiprotozoal and antibacterial antibiotic used against bacterial infections. It can treat infections of vagina, skin, stomach, respiratory tract and joints. Metronidazole works by killing bacteria.
It is recommended to take the medicine as it was prescribed by your doctor. Take it with a big glass of water. The usual adult dose of metronidazole is 500 mg taken orally every 8 hours or twice daily. For treatment of trichomoniasis, a single dose of 2,000 mg may be taken orally after a meal.
Before starting your treatment with Flagyl please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions: pregnancy, stomach, liver or intestinal disease, anemia, leucopenia, epilepsy or other nerve disorders.
Patients with sensitivity to any ingredient of the medicine, who has a history of blood disorders, an active neurological disorder, an underactive thyroid, underactive adrenal glands can't take it.
Possible side effect
Abdominal pain, nausea, anorexia, vomit, diarrhea, headache, dizzying, allergy, and leucopenia are common side effects. More serious side effects can include seizures and damage of nerves resulting in numbness and tingling of extremities. Stop taking the medicine and contact your doctor if you have any sign of them.
Flagyl can't be used along with amprenavir, disulphiram, indirectly-acting inhibitors of clotting and myorelaxants. Avoid taking alcohol.
Take the missed dose as soon as possible. If it is almost time of the next intake just skip it and go back to your schedule.
If you think you have overdosed the medicine seek emergency medical help at once. The overdose symptoms are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination, numbness and tingling, or seizures.
Store the medicine at room temperature between 59-77 degrees F (15-25 degrees C) away from light and moisture, kids and pets. Do not use after expiration term.
The information presented at the site has a general character. Note please this information cannot be used for self-treatment and self diagnosis. You should consult with your doctor or health care adviser regarding any specific instructions of your condition. The information is reliable, but we concede it could contain mistakes. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other damage caused by use of this information on the site and also for consequences of self-treatment.